
It's Valentine's Day and hell I'm a woman, so getting flowers of course belongs to a day like that. Fortunately my family knows what I expect so my house is full of fresh, blooming flowers. My husband got me a living black calla, exactly something going along perfectly with my special taste.
Strangely even my daughter expected receiving flowers which might be pretty extraordinary for a girl aged 4. But well, as men in my family know what to do she also got her own flowers. Valentine is a day like any other, so there are no valentine's card existing or something exaggerated like you may know it from the US. Even though the commercialising of Valentine has even started in Austria too, just like Halloween. I'm not really sure what to think about these recent tendencies, cause I think that it's good sticking to traditions as we used to celebrate them and so Valentine around here is just about giving away and getting flowers - nothing simpler than that.
I wish you a wonderful Valentine's day with your Valentine and don't forget the flowers...

I don't really celebrate Valentine's day, as that hasn't really been a Norwegian tradition (we're very Protestant up here).
AntwortenLöschenLike you, I'm ambivalent about this Halloween stuff. It doesn't really work here in Norway, but if I was an American I'm sure it would be my favourite holiday.